Can Unmarried Partners File Wrongful Death Claims In California

  • Under California law, you have a legal right to seek compensation for the wrongful death of your loved one only if you are a legally recognized family member. More often than not, these include married spouses, registered domestic partners, and children. However, other relatives may also have a right to seek financial compensation if they can demonstrate evidence that they were financially dependent on the deceased person.

    Speak to Los Angeles wrongful death attorney at JML Law today. Call offices at 818-610-8800 to get a free consultation.